Don't Lose Your Cool
|Stay cool and score some huge savings this summer!
Air conditioning is great to have when things heat up but it can be very expensive and it’s also bad for the environment. Here are a few tips to help you keep your cool without having to turn on the A/C:
- Cross-wind - Place a fan near your window to help create a cooling cross breeze.
- Treehouse - Plant deciduous trees on the east and west sides of your home as the leaves will provide shade.
- Sunny Side Down - The sun lets in a lot of heat so close your blinds on any windows that receive direct sunlight.
- Biggest Fan - Set your ceiling fans to rotate counterclockwise in the summer as they’ll help pull hot air up towards the ceiling.
- Appliance Smarts - Use the BBQ or crock pot instead of turning on the oven and wait until the evening to run the dryer and dishwasher.
No one wants to overheat during the dog days of summer but by making a few small changes, you’ll be able to stay as cool as a cucumber while saving the planet and some cash!
The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos identify professional services rendered by REALTOR® members of CREA to effect the purchase, sale and lease of real estate as part of a cooperative selling system.
MLS®, REALTOR®, and the associated logos are trademarks of The Canadian Real Estate Association.